LTQ event idea is cool, horrible implementation . - Page 5

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: LTQ event idea is cool, horrible implementation .

I fully understand your position. Even when "properly" optimised (according to my own definition of allowing people to play actively without an inherent penalty) there will be instances where holding off are optimal - and on the verge of a highly profitable tier would be one of those instances.

In terms of the opportunity cost of gold, I believe you do me a disservice. I admit I haven't crunched the numbers (because they aren't personally relevant), but having run through the event on normal I see nothing at all that would prevent a free player, properly dedicated, from completing the event (to the first stage). I'm quite sure that the gold efficiency of the second stage isn't up to normal gold efficiency of boss events - but given that syndicates are out that sholdn't be an issue. Syndicates are the best stats for gold option around, closely followed by building upgrade events (assuming one has in-game cash).

The larger issue is that so little action has occurred for so long that the idea that bosses are the only viable stat-booster has become doctrinal. It is my believe that due to recent events that supposition is no longer necessarily true.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Quote Originally Posted by bald zeemer View Post
    I get that - my point was that if great items were granted at every level you'd not be gaining any ground on higher level players anyway.

But if you sit this out, you are losing ground. So when you finally hit 101, you'll be further behind than you otherwise would be.
    Actually, I think you lose ground if you do this event. It appears to be as much experience as you could do two bosses in, and maybe three. The stats from those events will far outweigh anything you receive from the LTQ for a fraction of the experience, not to mention that they can be done for free with no hassles. Experience is a negative stat for those who crawl -- effectively a cost -- so you have to look at what kind of stats you receive versus how much it will level you. This LTQ comes out on the extreme negative end of that equation.
    MW 485-323-301
    CC 471-967-706

Banned
    I hate to disagree....there is no way this event could be done normally without gold....i've tried....i've started throwing gold in now.....

Banned
    and as for only levelling up once.....im at level 182, I was level 180 before.....

There's 3 1/2 days left. That you started throwing gold at it now doesn't mean it can't be done without gold.

240 stamina a day (+10% if you have the class bonus) to achieve 1000 wins and around 100 robs, in 5 days. It's doable. Add the stamina you took into the event, plus the refills on level ups and it should be quite comfortable.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

the bit of this that's bugging the hell out of me is looking for some of the buildings, I've now spent ~4-5 hour of gameplay looking for houses to rob, the only hood I've found with houses to rob and the guy had stats over twice mine so no chance what so ever of being able to rob them.

awesome.
    abandoned

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus18888 View Post
    I hate to disagree....there is no way this event could be done normally without gold....i've tried....i've started throwing gold in now.....
    I think I can get the first 40 without gold. 3600 energy and 110 stamina with @ 33% energy regen bonus. the only issue is finding the buildings to rob. the pizza parlor, diner and gas stations took more than a few hours a piece/

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus18888 View Post
    I am kind of glad this event started on friday it would more annoying if this event start in middle of the week
    Crime City -349 028 661
    Legends at War -274-137-609
    Rage Of The Immortals -ZCW-BHN-NBH

why isn't there a gold option to bypass a difficult level?

JHC, upon levelling up LTQ wise I got the buildings I needed on my 2nd visit :O